Latest and Archived News

This is the detail of the news item you clicked on.
If there is an associated document, it can be viewed by clicking the View Doc Button (When / If it appears in green below)
Date Title Action
Date 04/Mar/2018

Mondays in Lent March 5th Cancelled

I am concerned that an Orange Status Snow and Ice Warning has just been issued for Co. Tipperary until midday tomorrow. Having checked the forecast for Cashel for tomorrow evening it's giving projected temperatures as low as -2 degrees. I feel at this stage that I have to make a call on the Lent meeting planned for tomorrow evening in the Cathedral and I think it best (in the interest of safety and to avoid anyone being anxious about making a decision as to whether or not they should venture out) to cancel tomorrow's meeting.
I'm sorry if this is disappointment to some of you, but staying warm and safe is more important. I'll keep you informed as to what we do with the rest of the planned sessions in due course.
All good wishes,
The Dean